Fortunate lived in Zimbabwe. She was abandoned by her mother when she was small and stayed with her 70-year-old grandmother. They are poor and all that Fortunate used to eat is ground maize. Her body is semi malnourished but her family cannot afford any other food or medication.
CEDAR and partner Family AIDS Caring Trust (FACT) in Zimbabwe work closely on improving the livelihood of vulnerable children like Fortunate in Mutare urban, Zimbabwe. The project aims to empower communities and tertiary beneficiaries in helping children socially, spiritually, academically and financially.
Tertiary students were encouraged to take up responsibility of assisting younger children in their needs, as to promote a systemic continuum of care for orphans or the disadvantaged children in their communities.
This year, there are 7 tertiary students out of 54 sponsored children. They all are willing to commit themselves in FACT’s child sponsorship project. They have agreed and signed on a commitment paper, to assist children as role models. They will assist other young children with career guidance and education facilitation, as well as doing home visits to keep track of the children’s wellbeing and their relationships at home. Home visits provide a platform for poor families to share their struggles and emotions. The community are becoming more united because of this.
Pray for our partner FACT and tertiary students in child sponsorship program:
- Praise God for the tertiary students who are willing to serve in the sponsored children project. May God give them strength and grace in what they do.
- Pray for sponsored children and their families, that God will have mercy and provide them with their needs.
- Pray for our partner in Zimbabwe, FACT, that God will continue to bless their ministry, give them wisdom and a loving heart when serving the local communities in Zimbabwe.
Other Methods of Payment
- Cheque payable to ‘CEDAR FUND’
- Deposit to HSBC A/C No. 600-385678-001, enclosing with the Pay-in slip
- Autopay (only applicable to regular fixed donations), enclosing with a completed Autopay Authorisation Form (Download: PDF)
- Visa/ Master Card
Download Donation Form
Please send a completed Donation Form, enclosing with cheque or pay-in slip, to CEDAR FUND, G.P.O. BOX 3212, HONG KONG.
Donation Form: PDF
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institutions and trusts of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please click Inland Revenue Department website to check for details.
 Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
 Please DO NOT fax any donation information.
One thought on “Tertiary Students in Zimbabwe Serve the Youngsters in Love”
Comments are closed.