[ ‘SHARE’ May-Jun 2016 ] STEP INTO THE WORLD
Human trafficking is often international, and it has become the second largest global illegal trade business following drugs. Sixty percent of human trafficking activities were international.
CEDAR is supporting multiple partners in their education, support network building, living condition improvements, and life rebuilding projects.
In India, Nepal, and Bangladesh:
- We support EFIC@R’s work in the Bihar State of India in mobilizing 60 local churches in combating child trafficking;
- We support The Salvation Army Bangladesh to counsel and provide vocational training to former sex workers in Dhaka, Bangladesh;
- We support the work of Share and Care in the mountains of Makawanpur in Nepal that improves the self-sufficiency of local women and girls, while preventing human trafficking activities through education;
- We support the Viva Network’s efforts in Morang, Rupandehi, and Kanchanpur along the borders of India and Nepal, also that in Nuwakot and Lalitpur near the capital. They work to connect churches and communities to fight against child and sex trafficking, and serve the high-risk and wounded children and families.
In China, Myanmar, and Thailand:
- We encouraged the churches in Yunnan China to actively care for the young workers from Myanmar, educating them about human trafficking and work safety;
- We support our partners in Myanmar in setting up training centers that provide vocational training and counseling to girls, who were once sold, to rebuild their body and hearts;
- We support the Thai Lahu Foundation in Northern Thailand who hosts workshops in ethic villages that raise awareness and prevent human trafficking.
The fight against human trafficking and the mending of lives require a huge number of dedicated long term frontline workers. We urge you to donate monthly in supporting CEDAR’s partners and building a trafficking-free world.
Other Methods of Payment
- Cheque payable to ‘CEDAR FUND’
- Deposit to HSBC A/C No. 600-385678-001, enclosing with the Pay-in slip
- Autopay (only applicable to regular fixed donations), enclosing with a completed Autopay Authorisation Form (Download Donation Form)
- Visa/ Master Card
Please send a completed Donation Form, enclosing with cheque or pay-in slip, to CEDAR FUND, G.P.O. BOX 3212, HONG KONG.
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institutions and trusts of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please click Inland Revenue Department website to check for details.
 Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
 Please DO NOT fax any donation information