Gambi treats TPT’s project manager as his father.
Can you imagine a life without parents, health and a legal identity? At birth, Gambi (fake name) contracted HIV from his mother and later became an AIDS orphan. Instead of caring for him, his aunt took his parents’ house and even abused him. When Gambi was diagnosed with tuberculosis and became seriously ill, CEDAR Fund’s ministry partner Trinity Project Trust *(TPT) knew his case from a call asking for help and then sought for police intervention. Although Gambi was 17 years old, he was NOBODY under the law because he did not have any identification! This is also why his aunt could easily steal his house and properties.
Pathetically, Gambi’s case is not uncommon and reflects the appalling social issue in Zimbabwe. On one hand, close to 15 percent (about 1.4 million people) of the country’s population is HIV positive. A high HIV mortality rate leads to orphan issues. On the other hand, less than half of children under five are registered at birth. Without such registration, there is no protection to safeguard the most basic human rights. The basic right to education has become something out of reach. On behalf of Gambi, TPT negotiated with different government departments and eventually succeeded in getting him a proper identification and retrieving his dad’s death certificate. Gambi can now attend school and enjoy a life with dignity and rights. The smile on his face tells us that he now can experience joy.
*TPT specialises in retrieving birth registration and certificates for orphans and vulnerable children, and strives to educate community, school and church leaders about the fundamental legal concepts of birth, death, marriage, wealth and property.
“Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.” Proverb 31:8-9
- May God grant wisdom to the Government of Zimbabwe to tackle different social issues including HIV/AIDS, widows and orphans, and children without legal identity.
- In the past six months, Trinity Project Trust has finished processing 79 cases out of the 2,207 cases received. May God guide them to handle all cases satisfactorily.
- May God provide Trinity Project Trust with the necessary financial resources so they can continue their work and exercise God’s justice and mercy in their society.
Other Methods of Payment
- Cheque payable to ‘CEDAR FUND’
- Deposit to HSBC A/C No. 600-385678-001, enclosing with the Pay-in slip
- Autopay (only applicable to regular fixed donations), enclosing with a completed Autopay Authorisation Form (Download: WORD or PDF)
- Visa/ Master Card
Download Donation Form
Please send a completed Donation Form, enclosing with cheque or pay-in slip, to CEDAR FUND, G.P.O. BOX 3212, HONG KONG.
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institutions and trusts of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please click Inland Revenue Department website to check for details.
 Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
 Please DO NOT fax any donation information.