[ ‘SHARE’ Jul-Aug 2014 ] STEP INTO THE WORLD
The AIDS-affected need love and acceptance but AIDS is a taboo in China, so sufferers face rejection and isolation, and are under indescribable pressure.
CEDAR supports Fu-Kang (Rehabilitation) Home under the Dali Prefecture Christian Council (Social Service) who ministers to AIDS-affected families through:
- Building a sharing network for PLWHA
- Holding bible studies and worship, facilitating Christians to care for one another and to know God
- Visiting PLWHA and their families regularly
- Helping PLWHA to apply for social security and to handle community affairs
- Raising community awareness of HIV/AIDS
After suffering HIV/AIDS for many years, a woman at Fu-Kang (Rehabilitation) Home finally picked up the courage to tell her family and got support from her brother and mother. Her brother says, “If Fu-Kang (Rehabilitation) Home and outsiders accept you, why can’t we?” She is very touched.
Caring for the marginalised and to walk alongside with them is to follow Jesus’ example of having compassion on the forsaken. We hope that PWLHA will see hope in their lives and receive help and support from their community.
To safeguard privacy, CEDAR rarely publishes the photos and sharing related to AIDS-affected individuals, but service towards them has never ceased. The HIV/AIDS-affected in China really need acceptance and help, and we ask that you will encourage them by love and action, and support CEDAR’s community care in China.
Other Methods of Payment
- Cheque payable to ‘CEDAR FUND’
- Deposit to HSBC A/C No. 600-385678-001, enclosing with the Pay-in slip
- Autopay (only applicable to regular fixed donations), enclosing with a completed Autopay Authorisation Form (Download: WORD or PDF)
- Visa/ Master Card
Download Donation Form
Please send a completed Donation Form, enclosing with cheque or pay-in slip, to CEDAR FUND, G.P.O. BOX 3212, HONG KONG.
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institutions and trusts of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please click Inland Revenue Department website to check for details.
 Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
 Please DO NOT fax any donation information.