CEDAR is now providing emergency relief to the quake affected communities in Nepal through these ways:
- Respond jointly with other Integral Alliance’s member agencies in the quake affected districts such as Kathmandu, Dhading, Nuwakot and Makawanpur, to provide shelters, blankets and trauma counselling. As an indicator, in Nepal
- HK$280 Can provide shelter, two weeks’ supply of basic food and clean water to one family.
- HK$430 Can provide a month’s supply of basic food along with cooking utensils to one family.
- Support Samari Utthan Sewa (SUS), our partner in Nepal, to deliver emergency relief materials to 800 affected households in Chitawan and Sarlahi districts. In these areas,
- HK$340 Can provide shelter, blankets and food (such as rice, oil and dal) to one affected family.
- Support the “Disaster Relief Christian Community”, which is formed by a group of local churches and Christian organisations in Nepal, to carry out the post-disaster relief and rehabilitation works. They plan to provide these materials/assistance in their first phase of relief operation:
- 5,000 tents
- 5,000 mattresses
- food aid
- set up temporary medical units
- Work closely with the Nepalese churches in Hong Kong to care for the needs of the Nepalese communities living in Hong Kong and their homelands.
CEDAR and our local partners have been walking with the impoverished communities in Nepal for many years. More funding is urgently needed to enable our work among the suffering Nepalese communities, and to provide immediate emergency relief and in the post-disaster rehabilitation phases.
Please act now and help the affected people in Nepal. Your donation can help us to provide emergency relief, post-disaster psychosocial support, and rehabilitation to the affected.
Come and join our special prayer meeting for Nepal on 8 May. Join hands with the Nepalese churches in Hong Kong to pray for the suffering families and people far away and also those in our neighborhood.
- Cheque payable to ‘CEDAR FUND’
- Deposit to HSBC A/C No. 600-385678-001, enclosing with the Pay-in slip
- Visa/ Master Card (Download donation form)
- Online donation
(Please mark “Nepal Earthquake Relief”)
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institution and trust of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please click Inland Revenue Department website to check for details.
 Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
 Please DO NOT fax any donation information.
Add>G.P.O. Box 3212Hong Kong
CEDAR’s Relief and Rehabilitation Work in Past: http://eng.cedarfund.org/relief/
CEDAR Approach on Relief and Rehabilitation: http://cedarfundeng.wordpresss.com/relief-approach/
*Integral Alliance is a global alliance of 20 Christian relief and development agencies, working together to present a more effective response to poverty worldwide.