[ ‘SHARE’ Jan-Feb 2016 ] STEP INTO THE WORLD
Thanks to many churches in Hong Kong, our long time supporters, and participants of Barefoot Walk that because of your generous donations, CEDAR and our partners can provide timely relief to over 3,900 affected households in Nepal after the April massive earthquake. These are what were provided:
- Basic materials (e.g. food, clean water, tents and blankets)
- Zinc sheets and materials to repair and enforce temporary shelters before the rainy season
- School tables and chairs
At the reconstruction stage, CEDAR is supporting our partners to re-build the communities by:
- Enabling resumption of agriculture and animal husbandry, including giving small loans to farmers so they can start over
- Building temporary houses
- Rebuilding sanitation and social infrastructure, providing basic medical services
- Providing schooling materials, such as uniforms, stationery and recreation facilities
- Giving disaster management training and mobilising volunteers on disaster prevention and relief
Further, CEDAR is sponsoring our partners to develop women’s skills and combat child trafficking by:
- Setting up women’s and children’s groups to enhance life skills and to raise awareness of human trafficking
- Giving families livelihood support and facilitating women’s business groups to improve livelihood
- Educating and raising awareness of community leaders and parents on prevention of human trafficking
- Placing children vulnerable to human trafficking in children homes and providing education to them
We sincerely invite you to consider making a long-term regular donation to support “Nepal’s community development” so that their lives can be continually improved.
Other Methods of Payment
- Cheque payable to ‘CEDAR FUND’
- Deposit to HSBC A/C No. 600-385678-001, enclosing with the Pay-in slip
- Autopay (only applicable to regular fixed donations), enclosing with a completed Autopay Authorisation Form (Download Donation Form)
- Visa/ Master Card
Please send a completed Donation Form, enclosing with cheque or pay-in slip, to CEDAR FUND, G.P.O. BOX 3212, HONG KONG.
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institutions and trusts of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please click Inland Revenue Department website to check for details.
 Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
 Please DO NOT fax any donation information