[ ‘SHARE’ Nov-Dec 2015 ] STEP INTO THE WORLD
Breaking cultural vices needs constant intervention and promotion to achieve results. CEDAR’s partner in Ethiopia, Kale Heywet Church Development Commission (EKHC-DC), fights against the practice of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM). Although FGM is banned, the traditional thinking and practice of genital mutilation as a means of ensuring chastity is deep-rooted. EKHC-DC therefore actively educates the public on the harmfulness of FGM through promotional events and workshops, and organises “combat groups” and ‘public awareness ambassadors’ to fight against FGM.
Over the past year, EKHC-DC has reached out to 20,165 males and 21,162 females through events at schools and churches. It also formed 40 “combat groups” to spread the anti-FGM message in the community. As a result, some people stopped practising FGM, with some even becoming ambassadors to encourage parents and young girls to refuse FGM.
- HK$500 can offer occupational training to 10 former FGM practitioners
- HK$700 can help to train 10 community health workers and/or ‘FGM Ambassadors’
- HK$2,000 can organize one big community event to promote cessation of cultural vices such as FGM
Please support EKHC-DC in its fight against FGM, so that Ethiopian women may live with self-worth and dignity.
Other Methods of Payment
- Cheque payable to ‘CEDAR FUND’
- Deposit to HSBC A/C No. 600-385678-001, enclosing with the Pay-in slip
- Autopay (only applicable to regular fixed donations), enclosing with a completed Autopay Authorisation Form (Download Donation Form)
- Visa/ Master Card
Please send a completed Donation Form, enclosing with cheque or pay-in slip, to CEDAR FUND, G.P.O. BOX 3212, HONG KONG.
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institutions and trusts of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please click Inland Revenue Department website to check for details.
 Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
 Please DO NOT fax any donation information