[ePrayer – Pray for the Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) project in Haiti]
After the magnitude 7.0 earthquake of 2010 in Haiti, the capital Port-au-Prince faced severe devastation. Many people moved to other cities for better opportunities or returned to hometowns for re-starting their new lives. Port-de-Paix, the city located in the northwest region, has seen a large population growth since the earthquake, but is in fact situated in one of the highest earthquake risk areas.
The poor sanitation systems and damaged drainage canals created major hygiene problems leading to the spread of common diseases and even the outbreak of cholera in the fast-growing communities, jeopardizing the lives of many. The unregulated construction of new homes has increased the risk of landslides, flooding and future earthquake fatalities.
Recently, CEDAR’s partner World Concert Haiti (WCH) has been working on a Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) project in Port-de-Paix and Anse-a-Foleur, both located in the northern region of Haiti. WCH is retrofitting a school and a church hall into evacuation centres and repairing some damaged canals for improving the water supply and hygiene environment in these places. More than 50 volunteers are trained in familiarization of early disaster warning system. It’s estimated that 25,000 earthquake and hurricane affected individuals will be benefited from the DRR work in this project.
Pray for the Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) project in Haiti:
- Pray for the disaster risk reduction work including construction of flood canal and retrofitting of a school and a church hall into evacuation centres.
- May the Lord grant more wisdom to the staff of WCH for smooth negotiation with the government officials concerning the re-development arrangement.
- May the Lord have mercy on the people in Haiti and provide them with improved living environment. Pray for God’s provisions to those who have lost their homes and those who are still suffering from the damage caused by the earthquake.
Other Methods of Payment
- Cheque payable to ‘CEDAR FUND’
- Deposit to HSBC A/C No. 600-385678-001, enclosing with the Pay-in slip
- Autopay (only applicable to regular fixed donations), enclosing with a completed Autopay Authorisation Form (Download: WORD or PDF)
- Visa/ Master Card
Download Donation Form
Please send a completed Donation Form, enclosing with cheque or pay-in slip, to CEDAR FUND, G.P.O. BOX 3212, HONG KONG.
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institutions and trusts of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please click Inland Revenue Department website to check for details.
 Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
 Please DO NOT fax any donation information.