[ePrayer – Pray for migrant workers in N. Thailand]
Our partner’s Mekong Migrant Foundation (MMF) reaches out to migrant workers in need through providing different supports such as legal support to Burmese migrant workers on issues related to work permits & registration, processing labour disputes and reconciliation. MMF has been very busy recently working on a case which involved over 200 migrant workers at a garment factory in Mae Sai. Give thanks that most of the workers recovered their unpaid wages, passports, and work permits from their employer. During last year there has been more cooperative effort between MMF and the local Labor Protection and Welfare Office.
Pray for migrant workers in N. Thailand:
- Pray that a number of suggestions related to migrant workers’ interests and rights that MMF gave to the Labour Protection and Welfare Office will be considered and adopted, e.g. related official department should have a translator to strengthen the communication with migrant workers;
- Remember MMF as they provide different supports to the migrant workers easing their difficulties.
Other Methods of Payment
- Cheque payable to ‘CEDAR FUND’
- Deposit to HSBC A/C No. 600-385678-001, enclosing with the Pay-in slip
- Autopay (only applicable to regular fixed donations), enclosing with a completed Autopay Authorisation Form (Download: WORD or PDF)
- Visa/ Master Card
Download Donation Form
Please send a completed Donation Form, enclosing with cheque or pay-in slip, to CEDAR FUND, G.P.O. BOX 3212, HONG KONG.
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institutions and trusts of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please click Inland Revenue Department website to check for details.
 Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
 Please DO NOT fax any donation information.