[ePrayer – Pray for children vulnerable to pneumonia]
Nowadays, every 30 seconds, a child younger than five dies of pneumonia. UN and its partners are marking World Pneumonia Day on 12 Nov by highlighting essential actions that can help end child deaths from the single biggest killer of children under the age of five around the world. They are:
- exclusive breastfeeding for six months and continued breastfeeding complemented by nutritious solid foods up to age two;
- vaccination against whooping cough (pertussis), measles, Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) and pneumococcus;
- safe drinking water, sanitation and hand washing facilities;
- improved cooking stoves to reduce indoor air pollution;
- treatment, including amoxicillin dispersible tablets and oxygen.
Pray for children vulnerable to pneumonia:
- Pneumonia is preventable. Pray that all governments are willing to work together to help children preventing pneumonia in unity;
- Pray that those vulnerable children will have access to vaccination and medical care needed for prevention and treatment, esp. those in Sub-Saharan Africa.