At noon on April 25, Nepal was hit by a 7.9 magnitude earthquake – the strongest in 80 years in this poor Asian country. Powerful aftershocks followed and brought widespread devastation.
As a member of Integral Alliance (IA), CEDAR has joined IA’s emergency meeting on the day after the quake to understand the latest situation and map out the relief operation. 21 members of IA has responded jointly through our local partners in Nepal to assess the damage and needs and launched first phase relief operation. CEDAR has been working with local churches and partners to help survivors build temporary shelters and provide psychosocial support to the needed as they try to rebuild their lives.
- Nepal after the Earthquake | CEDAR’s “SHARE” January-February 2016
- Rebuilding Nepal: 4 months after the earthquake, waiting for the road to rebuilding after the monsoon season | 2015/08/29
- The Church Without Walls | Rev. Pak Loh
- Nepal Earthquake Relief: “Now I can Feel Safe and Secure during the Monsoon.” | 2015/06/25
- Nepal Earthquake Relief: After One Month – the Risk is Still Here | 2015/05/27
- Namaste! Education Support Team – NEST
- Act Now to Support the Emergency Quake Relief in Nepal | 2015/05/01
- 7.9 Magnitude Earthquake in Nepal – Urgent Help Needed | 2015/04/27
Latest PowerPoint on Relief Progress & Prayer Points:
Please act now and help the affected people in Nepal to rebuild their communities:
Your donation can help provide emergency relief, post-disaster psychosocial support, and rehabilitation for the affected.
- HK$200 can provide 2 days of psychosocial support training for 5 relief workers
- HK$400 can provide 1 set of table and chair for an affected school
- HK$800 can provide zinc sheets for 1 affected family to build temporary shelter
- HK$6,000 can help build 1 earthquake-resistant house for 1 family
- Cheque payable to ‘CEDAR FUND’
- Deposit to HSBC A/C No. 600-385678-001, enclosing with the Pay-in slip
- Visa/ Master Card (Download Donation Form)
- Online donation
(Please mark “Nepal Earthquake Relief”)
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institution and trust of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please click Inland Revenue Department website to check for details.
 Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
 Please DO NOT fax any donation information.
CEDAR is grateful for the support of Kilias Hung, who took part in “Racing The Planet 2015” and ran a super marathon in Ecuado to raise funds for CEDAR’s Nepal earthquake relief and rehabilitation.
Add>G.P.O. Box 3212Hong Kong
CEDAR’s Relief and Rehabilitation Work in Past: http://eng.cedarfund.org/relief/
CEDAR Approach on Relief and Rehabilitation: http://cedarfundeng.wordpresss.com/relief-approach/