The Chinese Lunar New Year should be a time for Chinese to enjoy family reunions and to send blessings to loved ones, unfortunately for thousands of Han Chinese living at Kokang Region of Northern Myanmar, it is the time for them to flee their homes for the Yunnan area of neighboring China as conflict intensifies.
CEDAR supports partners to provide humanitarian aid
- Gengma County Christian Council (Social Service Department) provides 500 Kokang refugees with emergency rations sufficient for 5 days, including rice, cooking oil and salt, in Zhenkang County of Lincang Prefecture, Yunnan.
- CEDAR’s partner in Kokang is working together with other organizations to set up temporary refugee shelters on the Kokang border housing 3,200 refugees. They are providing free meals to the sick and the elderly as well as women, and they have also arranged for youth and adult refugees to exchange their labour for meals.
Act NOW and support the emergency humanitarian aid work on China-Myanmar Border!
Your donation can provide emergency rations and further humanitarian aid for Kokang refugees who are now seeking refuge on the China-Myanmar Border.
- Needs of Kokang Refugees Will Increase by Mid-May | 2015/03/20
- Continue to Provide Humanitarian Aid to Kokang Refugees along China-Myanmar Border | 2015/02/26
- Provide Emergency Humanitarian Aid to Kokang Refugees on China-Myanmar Border | 2015/02/18
Pray with us for the Kokang Refugee families:
- May God’s peace and provision be with all the families that are affected by the conflict.
- Pray that the families will have shelter, sufficient clothing and food to get through the cold winter.
- May God stop the war and protect the families that are still trapped in the conflict zone.
Emergency and Relief Donation
- Cheque payable to ‘CEDAR FUND’
- Deposit to HSBC A/C No. 600-385678-001, enclosing with the Pay-in slip
- Visa/ Master Card (Download donation form)
- Online donation
(Please mark “Humanitarian Relief on China-Myanmar Border”)
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institutions and trusts of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please click Inland Revenue Department website to check for details.
 Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
 Please DO NOT fax any donation information.
Add>G.P.O. Box 3212 Hong Kong