Job Grading: Officer Grade
Department: Education and Development
Reporting to: Director of Education and Development
CEDAR Fund’s Vision and Mission is to fulfill integral mission of the church by caring for the poor and disadvantaged people, transforming lives back to dignity and capacity that God has given, and advocating social justice through partnering with Christians worldwide. The duty of the Public Relations Officer is to facilitate the relationship between CEDAR and her various local stakeholders, including, but not restricted to, individual donors, churches and other Christian NGOs for fundraising and partnership building.
Purpose of the Job
Support the Director of Education and Development to develop and review strategies for donor relations, church relations and partnership building, implement fund-raising work plan.
- Support the formulation and review of CEDAR’s public relation strategy and work plan
- Develop relationship based on mutual respect and learning with local churches and seek out funding relationship or project partnership
- Plan and host events for developing donor relationship and for fund-raising.
- Support the setting up of donor database for informed donor analysis and improvement of resource mobilization strategy in conjunction with the Donor Services Officer
- Support donor-relation work to achieve accountability and transparency with supporters
- Review of current public relations work and contribute to the formulation of CEDAR’s public relation strategy and plan
- Strategize, initiate and maintain fundraising plans for CEDAR; and, design and implement direct fundraising initiatives, including individualized cultivation, solicitation and recognition strategies
- Initiate, plan and coordinate direct marketing campaigns via cost effective fundraising vehicles; and, design, promote and implement a legacy/bequest programme (gala event) to maximize revenue streams of the organization
- Develop and maintain relationships in order to raise significant funding from existing donors and supporters; and, develop and approach new potential supporters, funding partners and corporations;
- Gather, organize and prepare promotional resources for different target supporter-groups and in different formats in association with CEDAR’s mission, vision and core values
- Contribute to achieving annual donor targets in the direction of developing more regular donors, to increase overall number of donors and their amount of donations
- Contribute to achieving annual fund raising target; and, formulate and organize fund-raising events with clearer messages, stronger appeal for action in giving and reaching more Christians, churches and Christian groups
- Assist in the production and execution of online marketing activities and projects, including eDMs, websites and social media marketing projects
- Mobilize volunteers to organize donor maintenance and fund-raising events for CEDAR
- Review ongoing annual events to evaluate their fund-raising performances and reform them not least by strengthening their fund-raising results
- Ensure active and accurate reporting to donors and public on the use of fund, their result and impact
- Contribute to the joint planning, review and strategizing processes of the Department and CEDAR
- Follow CEDAR’s annual planning cycle, produce annual year plan and budget as well as review progress during the year
- Perform ad-hoc projects such as initiate a case study of at least 10 local churches regarding their local/international/social concern work in relation to integral mission in the year of 2013.
- Participate in agency wide work when requested; and/or, any other legitimate duties assigned by the Chief Executive.
Qualification and Experience Requirement
- Degree holder in business administration, marketing, communications, public relations or related disciplines
- Minimum 2 years experience in project coordination, fundraising/event management or public relations
- Self- motivated, organized, detail-oriented, able to handle multitask, work independent and under pressure
- A good team player with positive and pro-active attitude as well as high sense of responsibility
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and able to interact with a wide range of clients
- Excellent command in both written and spoken English and Cantonese, Putonghua is preferable.
- Familiar with computer applications and good working knowledge of MS Office
Last updated : Oct 2012