The crisis in Rakhine state, in Western Myanmar, is not new. Rakhine state is one of the least developed states in Myanmar, being prone to natural disasters from storms and cyclones. The socio-economic situation there has deteriorated since the outbreak of intercommunal violence in 2012. Renewed tensions in northern Rakhine state in August have displaced Rohingya communities (mainly Muslims) and many fled to Bangladesh.
According to the update provided by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) on 14 June:
- 702,000 accumulative arrivals (since 25 August)
- 915,000 total Rohingya population in Cox’s Bazar
- 1.3 million people are in need of humanitarian aid
CEDAR is working with other Integral Alliance members on planning a response to help the displaced by providing:
- WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) support
- Health and nutrition support
- Daily necessities
ACT NOW! Support our Rohingya Refugee Response!
- CEDAR Fund & Integral Alliance Continue to Walk with The Rohingyas | 2018/06/22
- ACT NOW! Walk with Rohingya Refugees for the Next 6 Months | 2017/11/21
- CEDAR Works with IA to Plan for Humanitarian Response to Rohingya Refugees in Western Myanmar | 2017/09/28
- Cheque payable to “CEDAR FUND”
- Deposit to HSBC A/C No. 600-385678-001, enclosing with the deposit slip
- Visa/ Master Card (Download Donation Form)
(Please mark “Rohingya Refugee Response”)
 All funds received will go to “Rohingya Refugee Response”. If funds raised exceed the budget devised from the disaster evaluation, the additional amount will go directly to CEDAR’s “Emergency Relief and Disaster Preparedness Fund”.
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institution and trust of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please visit Inland Revenue Department website for details.
 Donations over HK$100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
 Please DO NOT fax any donation information.
Add>G.P.O. Box 3212 Hong Kong
CEDAR’s Relief and Rehabilitation Work in the past: http://eng.cedarfund.org/relief
CEDAR Approach on Relief and Rehabilitation: http://eng.cedarfund.org/relief-approach/
FAQs on Relief Appeal: http://bit.ly/cedar-relief-FAQe
*Integral Alliance is a global alliance of 23 Christian relief and development agencies, working together to present a more effective response to poverty worldwide. CEDAR Fund is one of the member agencies.