What is the heaviest burden on the poor?
Not the inadequacy of materials, but the seizure of their basic human rights and dignity of being treated as humans.
Restoring the poor’s dignity means…
Every poor person is beloved and cherished by God, possessing God-given value and dignity. Dignity is closely related to basic human rights, which are entitlements of God’s children. Restoring dignity for the poor is (1) giving them adequate clothing and food; (2) letting them to speak up and participate in development; and (3) regarding them as humans (i.e. treating them as humans, but not objects or to sate someone’s lust).
Please participate in “Restore Dignity for the Poor” Regular Donation Campaign to transform poor people’s lives and their livelihood, and restore their values and dignity given by God.
Your monthly donation can
HK$200> support one Zimbabwean girl to learn how to make eco-friendly sanitary napkins, provide materials needed for a year and follow-up.
HK$400> support livelihood of one poor Indian farmer, widow or person with disabilities through provision of farm tools and seeds.
HK$800> support quarterly expense of a children group that advocates for prohibiting child marriage, reducing child abuse and child labour.
HK$1,200> support our Thai partner to conduct investigations in red light districts every month, collaborate with police force to rescue victims of human trafficking and prosecute human traffickers.
1. Complete the donation form (please indicate “Restore Dignity for the Poor” under the option of “Specific Project”), and return to CEDAR Fund (G.P.O. Box 3212, Hong Kong)
- Autopay: Complete and return the “Autopay Authorisation Form” (download here)
- Visa / Master card
- Crossed cheque payable to CEDAR Fund or direct deposit to our bank accounts (HSBC 600-385678-001 / BEA 015-185-68-00931-7 SSA) and return the cheque / bank deposit slip to us
2. Online donation
- (please choose “Restore Dignity for the Poor” under “Specific Donation Campaign”)
- Faster Payment System (ID: 3354016): Login to your online banking to donate through FPS to ID 3354016*
- PayMe : Scan the below code to donate (please write “Restore Dignity for the Poor” in the message row)*
*After donation, please send us a screenshot of successful payment along with your name, contact number and mailing address via mail, email or WhatsApp.
Mailing Address: CEDAR Fund, G.P.O. Box 3212, Hong Kong
WhatsApp (for donation matters only): 5160 7549
 Your donation will support our relief and development projects.
 Donations over HK$100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts. For regular donation by autopay or credit card, an annual receipt will be issued in April.
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institution and trust of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please visit Inland Revenue Department website for details.
Restore dignity for the poor!
“Whoever oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.” (Proverbs 14:31)