Calmness at present may vanish in the next second!
CEDAR made friends with the poor in Buhera, a village in eastern Zimbabwe in Africa, and helped improve their life through community development. In March 2019, CEDAR’s staff visited the village and concerned about their sufficiency of food. They said that they had 3 meals a day previously and lived well, but due to inadequate rainwater, they could not harvest enough and could only have 2 meals a day, or even one. Gracefully, CEDAR’s project helped them face the adversity, for example, growing drought-resistant crops to increase their harvest and food.
However, 3 weeks later, a severe tropical cyclone “Idai” attacked their village and destroyed it completely. The villagers lost all their property, which made 1-meal-a-day a luxury. Many villagers were devastated.
We mourn villagers’ difficult situations and now call for attention:
“They are not the ones who created the problem, but they suffer the most from climate change because they have the least resources to mitigate the impact. This serves as a reminder that we must stand with the poor and help them.”
Please join our monthly donation campaign “Care for the Disaster-stricken Poor” immediately, and make a difference for those threatened by climate crises!
1. Complete the donation form (please indicate “Care for the Disaster-stricken Poor” under the option of “Specific Project”), and return to CEDAR Fund (G.P.O. Box 3212, Hong Kong)
- Autopay: Complete and return the “Autopay Authorisation Form” (download here)
- Visa / Master card
- Crossed cheque payable to CEDAR Fund or direct deposit to our bank accounts (HSBC 600-385678-001 / BEA 015-185-68-00931-7 SSA) and return the cheque / bank deposit slip to us
2. Online donation
(please choose “Specific Project” and indicate “Care for the Disaster-stricken Poor”)
 Your donation will support our Asian and African partners’ projects to assist the poor threatened or impacted by climate crisis. If the donation received exceeds the projects’ needs, we will transfer the exceeded amounts to support other projects of relief and development.
 Donations over HK$100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts. For regular donation by autopay or credit card, an annual receipt will be issued in April.
 CEDAR is an approved charitable institution and trust of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please visit Inland Revenue Department website for details.
- CEDAR’s Disaster Risk Reduction Projects: “Disaster Risk Reduction“, SHARE 229;
“The Poor Amidst the Drought in Zimbabwe“
- Climate Injustice and Christian Faith: “Climate Justice: A Christian Perspective“
- Creation Care: “What is Creation Care“
“Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.” (Isaiah 1:17)